Welcome to Episode 43 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
It’s been a while since my last podcast episode, and in this episode I explain why. It’s largely because I’ve spent the last two months looking for flats to rent in Glasgow. This episode is inspired by the hassle I had, and the observations and things I’ve learned.
Specific topics discussed in this episode include:
- The effects of having a tooth removed
- Manifesting future blog development – including video
- Why I left Sheffield
- The anxieties of living with a close friend, especially one who hates feet
- Visiting Glasgow during Covid regulations
- Flat-hunting during Covid regulations and the lack of virtual viewings
- So many flats, so many flat-hunters
- Passive discrimination against asexuals and aromantics
- Being ghosted by Letting Agents
- It should have been this simple from the start
- Moving into a flat you’ve never seen in a suburb you’ve never been
- Now imagine if I had less Privilege
- Southside life
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
I also now have a Patreon! If you like what you hear, and want to access exclusive content (or just to show your appreciation), then head on over to my page and donate to me!
It’s a relatively short episode this time, with no contributors, well, except a small sample from another podcast that I felt was appropriate …