Welcome to Episode 38 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
In this episode I talk about the concept of the bucket list. Yes I know that’s a topic I’ve already covered, way back in Episode Three, but back then I looked more at the concept of the anti-bucket list, plus if we’re being honest, it wasn’t my greatest episode. I was still learning about how to do podcasts, and all manner of things went wrong with it. With lockdown and global pandemic making people think more about what they value and really want to do once they can, I thought it was a good time to revisit and improve.
As an aside, this month my podcast hit a total of 10,000 downloads. Thank you to everyone who’s been listening, it means a lot.
Specific topics discussed in this episode include:
- Happy New (Tax) Year
- Barefoot Snow Half-Marathon Record Update
- Recording my voice in London next month
- A reminder on how to protest, and what protesting has done for us
- What is a ‘bucket list’ anyway?
- How is the pandemic affecting people’s bucket lists?
- Maybe it’s time for more Hometown and UK Travel
- My ‘bucket list’ – unique adventures, and comparing/contrasting places
- Bucket Lists can include experiences, not just seeing and doing things
- Career and personal development aims also count
- What happens if the bucket list item ends up being underwhelming?
- Tick Boxes
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this episode come from:
- Roo from Roo Loves Travel
- Sarah, from The Urban Wanderer
- Mental Health and Lifestyle blogger Jodie Paterson
- Kate-Frankie, from This Could Lead To Anywhere
- Author Victoria Pearson (but you can call her V) and
- Morgan and Prachi from AlienEating who, in the time since they recorded for me, seem to have closed their blog & disappeared from the net.