Welcome to Episode 37 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
In this episode I talk about that most seasonal of subjects: snow. [It’s so terribly British to talk about the weather, isn’t it?]. We discuss a little about how the UK fails to handle snow properly, some of the joys of travelling in it, the comparison between holidaying in snow and living in a snowy climate, and why the UK isn’t very good at the Winter Olympics.
Specific topics discussed in this episode include:
- This fortnight’s metaphorical frogs
- My appearance on the Sounds Fake But Okay Podcast
- UK Census Day 2021
- Snow in the West Midlands region of England
- The UK does have some higher land though!
- Growing up with snow
- Sliding down snowy hills
- “I’d walk through the snow barefoot”
- “If it’s not on ice, we’re no good at it”
- Daily snow tasks for home and school
- Experiencing snow for the first time
- Snowy places I have set foot in. Mainly Poland, though.
- Snow in Japan
- The extremes of the world – Svalbard and Antarctica
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
I also now have a Patreon! If you like what you hear, and want to access exclusive content (or just to show your appreciation), then head on over to my page and donate to me!
Contributions in this episode come from:
- Kate-Frankie, from This Could Lead To Anywhere
- Juliet, at I Am A Polar Bear
- Kylie, who is Between England And Iowa
- Deb, who canm be found at Tag Along Travek, and
- Roo from Roo Loves Travel