Welcome to Episode 3 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This time the theme is around the idea of a Bucket List, what people think of them, and why I have what you might call an anti-bucket list of a few places I’m specifically not intending to visit – a controversial take. Apologies specifically to Angola and Philippines. It’s a topic I’ll almost certainly come back to, as the feelings behind it have, and will, change quite often over time; I may even find I go to one of these places and absolutely love it!
I talk about:
* Why I hate flying (it’s not the reason you think!)
* How different people see the idea of Bucket Lists
* Why it’s so common to take about ‘liking’ places
* The countries I, at the time of recording, have no real pressing desire to visit, and explaining why I feel that way about them.
* Why I’m not especially fond of the idea of ‘small hot islands in the middle of the ocean’ particularly.
The “lesser-known destination of the week” this week is/are the dual towns of Baarle-Hertog/Baarle-Nassau that get jumbled together along the chaos that is the Netherlands-Belgian border – the image above is taken just outside a bar which is on one side of the border. If you look on a map you can get a feel for the place.
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this podcast came from:
* Deb at “TagAlongTravel”,
* Amanda Kendle at “Not A Ballerina”,
* Nat at “Natpacker”,
* Roobens at “Been Around The Globe”, and
* Laura Lundahl at “Tumbleweed Chronicles”