Welcome to Episode 36 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
We’re back to talking about aspects of travel in this episode. Following on from Episode 31 about beer, broadcast last year, I was going to do the follow-up episode on ‘alcohol that wasn’t beer’, to include wines, spirits, and all manner of fun things. Partly this was because I’d had a couple of contributions that included spirits. But then I had some, uhm, technical difficulties here and when I was able to get back to doing podcasts again, other things took my attention. [I do also need to write pages for Episodes 30 and 31, for completeness’ sake if nothing else.]
But, four episodes later than originally planned, here we look at spirits and wines around the world. Which is a much better title than ‘Alcohol that isn’t beer’, at least.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Problems I had with uploading Episode 35
- Alcohol other than beer I like – a one paragraph overview
- Why you shouldn’t accept drinks in Sprite bottles from Chinese herders
- Illicit moonshine in unlikely places
- Prohibition, but only very briefly
- I don’t like aniseed
- I do like Jägerbombs, quite bizarrely
- Cocktails in Europe
- Japanese rice wine that isn’t Sake
- Local spirits around the world
- Pisco in Chile
- The joys of wine tasting
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this episode come from:
- Kate-Frankie, from This Could Lead To Anywhere
- an old school-friend of mine, Alistair, who as far as I know doesn’t have a web presence, save Facebook, and I’m not linking to that!
- Hannah, from HH Lifestyle Travel Blog
- my netpal and travel companion Lix Hewett
- Steven from Steven On The Move, and
- Roo from Roo Loves Travel