Welcome to Episode 32 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
I am aware that I’ve uploaded this to my website before the pages detailing episodes 30 and 31. I’ll get around to creating those pages one day.
Again, it’s been a while since my last pod, due to technical issues. These issues have, to all intents and purposes, now been resolved, so normal service should now be resumed. YMMV on what ‘normal service’ is with my podcast, but still.
This episode isn’t about travel; rather it follows on in a way from my earlier pod on Sexuality while travelling, and looks into more detail about own sexuality. See, Ace Week – Asexual Awareness Week – was at the end of October, and yes I’m therefore a bit late with this, but this episode is all about asexuality. It’s a kind of overall summary of the posts I wrote a couple of months ago.
There are, of course, several subtweets to my mother, as usual. It wouldn’t be the same without those, really ….
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Technical issues with computers and my website
- Brief summary of other recent blogposts I’ve written
- Overview of my recent asexuality posts – including a little mention of kink
- Allonormativity is a very unusual word
- What did Teenage Me think of sex?
- How I react to nudity
- Sex-averse, but sex-positive? How does that work then?
- Generation Z and Asexual Pride
- Where are the older asexuals?
- Coming out of the closet
- How I talked about this in Asexual Awareness Week itself
- Allonormativity Part Two
- Asexual discrimination – a cultural rather than a political phenomenon
- Acephobia – both inside and outside the LGBTQI community
- Relationships, QPRs, squishes, and what even is a ‘date’ anyway?
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
I also now have a Patreon! If you like what you hear, and want to access exclusive content (or just to show your appreciation), then head on over to my page and donate to me!
There are no contributions in this episode, fairly self-evidently, aside from the recording at the start. I would like, however, to acknowledge that I illegally ripped the introduction of the fine asexuality podcast Sounds Fake But Okay to use in this episode and I hope they don’t sue me. 😀 In non-asexuality references though, I also mention both Where’s Shelly and Amanda Kendle’s podcast when I briefly talk about Western Australia.