Welcome to Episode 063 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
Some while ago, I did a pod on beer around the world. Having just come back from a PressTrip to Plsen in Czechia, where I was paid to drink beer, I figured it was the right time to do another on the subject, but this time looking at beer in general. About different beer styles. About where my interest came from. And about quirky experiences and unusual beers I’ve had in my life around and about.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- The troubles of not having a bank card
- Being social
- How I discovered a liking for beer
- A brief history of beer
- Common types of beer around the world (and Germany)
- Ways of storing and serving beer
- How you can find out what beers you like
- Sampling beers
- The power of marketing
- Favourite and weird beers (cardboard? malt? ashtray?)
- Travelling for beer, and beer while travelling
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.
Contributions in this episode came from: