Welcome to Episode 062 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This episode, the first after my unexpected and unplanned hiatus, will be all about beer. Specifically, I talk about my Press Trip to Plsen in Czechia, where I spent 3½ days drinking beer for free, including touring a few breweries both large and small. This Press Trip was taken through the Traverse Organisation and in conjunction with VisitCZ, the Plsen Region, and Visit Plsen.
A longer overview of beer, not just Czech beer, takes place on my subsequent podcast.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- What I’ve been doing since my last podcast
- Overview of the city of Plsen
- The underground caves and beer museum – Plsen is literally built on beer
- Different ways of serving beer in Czechia
- A tour of the Pilsner Urquell brewery
- Visits to microbreweries in Plsen: Proud, Raven, Purkmistr
- Trip to Zlata Krava brewery in Nepomuk
- How it felt to visit a beer spa
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.
The introduction to the pod was provided by the tour guide who took us around the Pilsner Urquell Brewery.