Welcome to Episode 51 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This is Part Three of my podcast episode on London – following on from part one (South London) and part two (North West London). This concludes my journey around London, and in this episode I look at those boroughs northeast of the river. It appears that again, few of these boroughs are that well known, even by me.
Topics discussed include:
- A holiday period of beer and underwhelming activities
- Dungarees and running. Not at the same time
- Islington – Monopoly and Transport
- Hackney – Old churches and even older theatres. And football
- Waltham Forest – Where your grandmother got her fashion ideas from
- Newham – Luton-on-the-Thames
- Redbridge – … where? Barnet-lite, and the borough for all your #OneHourOutside needs
- Dagenham & Redbridge – Let’s take a ride in the Ford tonight, in suburbia
- Havering – Little England
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this pod come from: