Welcome to Episode 50 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This is Part Two of my podcast episode on London – part one is here. It was originally going to be the second half but I realised London was bigger than I expected (!), so there’s also an episode three. In this episode I look at those boroughs northwest of the river, many of which, it turns out, are not well known even amongst my Travel Twitter friends.
Topics discussed include:
- Merry Christmas
- A welcome back to Laura
- The problems of obtaining a covid booster vaccine
- Hounslow – Country Houses and Strange Museums
- Hillingdon – Lots of visitors but very few visits
- Harrow – Posh schools and All The Religions. Drive carefully
- Ealing – Where Comedy meets North Korea, via the Punjab
- Brent – The Hindu Times
- Barnet – Where people go when they die
- Enfield – For when being in Barnet isn’t dead enough
- Haringey – Food, drink, and … more food
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this pod come from: