Welcome to Episode 7 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This time I’m talking about “Sexuality while Travelling”; whether people feel they need to change how and where they choose to travel based on their own sexuality, and people’s different experiences of travel itself when they have an alternative sexuality. By ‘alternative sexuality’ I mean of course anything on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum.
I talk about:
* My Christmas – a low-key affair that involves catsitting
* Recent worries about my future, and money
* My Travel plans for 2019
* A brief overview of my early sexual experiences (don’t worry, it’s not very detailed!)
* An introduction to and overview of asexuality
* Why I don’t find travelling as an asexual too difficult
* Asexual Pride, and my concerns with the flag.
Again there is no “lesser-known destination of the week” this week, as I didn’t feel anywhere I’d been was really appropriate to mention. The gay quarter of San Francisco isn’t exactly ‘off the beaten track’. Don’t worry, it’ll be back! 🙂
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know.
Contributions in this podcast came from:
* Wilfred, a fantasy author and occasional traveller
* Hannah from “Hannah Bee Blogs”
* Seanna at “Seanna’s World”
* Roobens at “Been Around The Globe”
* and my friend Jeja in Serbia, who’s far too busy to have her own website…