Welcome to another recording of my Twitter Spaces.
At this point, we’re starting to get a feel for the format, and doing a bit more preparation in advance so I’m not so fazed by the questions. They’re also getting longer – we allocate an hour when we plan it and we’re pretty much now hitting that target rather than falling a few minutes short.
This session is on Staying Healthy While Travelling, and I probably should give you a couple of content warnings in advance, including descriptions of foot injuries near the start (that content warning is purely for one person, who may like to know that discussion takes place between about 4m20 and 7m40 after the theme tune ends), and a lengthy discussion about diarrhoea towards the end (47m52 after the theme tune ends). I mean, it could be worse; I listen to a podcast called ‘Not So Bon Voyage‘ which has a regular interview segment about this very subject.
Usual disclaimer, be aware this conversation took place over the phone, so the audio quality won’t be as great as my normal podcast episodes. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy it!
I was interviewed by the lovely Victoria, but you can call her V.
Topics discussed include:
- What I carry in a first-aid kit
- Toe injuries
- Bug repellents and tropical diseases
- Anti-Malarials and Vaccinations
- Wildlife, from elephants to badgers
- Healthcare and injuries abroad
- Being run down from too much travel too quickly
- Altitude and climatic issues
- Exercise on the move
- Safe drinking water
- Preventing food-related issues
- Toilet habits on the Hike Across Great Britain
- Most uncomfortable toilet adventures abroad
- Best and worst toilet paper substitutes
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know.