Welcome to Episode 069 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
I’ve wanted to do an episode on Street Art for a while, as it’s a subject that’s always appealed to me. I’ll often see if there’s a street art tour in a place I’ll be travelling to, and I’m always veering off down side-alleys in search of it when I’m walking through a city. As a result, this episode is my longest yet.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- Leg Update and other housekeeping
- A brief history of street art
- What counts as street art
- Why do people like street art
- The art industry sucks
- Community and Belonging
- Street art in Brussels
- The Stockholm Metro
- Glasgow’s Mural Trail and the SWG3 community
- Street art tours
- Wall murals in Palestine and Berlin
- Street art in Chile
- Council-funded public art projects around the world
- Examples of unusual public art
- Public art in Brussels
- The famous Glasgow traffic cone
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.
Contributions for this pod came from: