Welcome to Episode 068 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
In my last couple of episodes, I spoke at length about my adventures with Inter-Railing, firstly about the trip I did back in 2000, and then a quick overview of where I went in the 2019 trip. In this episode though, I talk a bit more in general about travelling Europe, mainly by train, as a concept, including accommodation, food & drink, budgeting (kind of), and travelling as an older backpacker.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- Recent forays onto YouTube
- Travelling by train across Europe, including overnight
- Why I went for a full Inter-Rail adventure in 2019
- Staying in hostels and AirBnBs
- European beer
- Restaurants we have visited and liked
- Things that went wrong for me on my trips
- Things that went wrong for Lix on our trip
- Backpacking as an older person
- How I don’t budget for my travels
- Apparently I’m okay to travel with
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.
Contributions from this pod came from: