Welcome to Episode 067 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
So, if you recall, my last proper episode was all about my Inter-Rail trip in 2000, and how times and events had changed. I want to spend this episode talking a bit about my follow-up Inter-Rail trip in 2019, which was very different in scope, duration, and overall vibe. It’s actually going to cover two podcasts as it appears travelling around Europe for two months means there’s a lot to say, plus it gives more time for some contributions to come in.
This episode looks at some of the places I went to, with themes such as border crossings, old places, small countries, and seaside adventures. I talk about the accommodation, food, etc, in my subsequent episode.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- How I’m still injured from Parkrun
- ADHD Update
- Websites I have contributed to recently – Caledonia Kelly and Happy Little Traveler
- Other people’s 1980s Inter-Rail adventures
- My odd 2019 routing
- Crossing borders past and present
- European Microstates I have visited and been indifferent to
- A couple of sporting events
- Wearing shoes at the end of the universe
- Channeling my inner Asterix
- Lots of Romans and post-Romans
- Very wet seaside adventures. And dragons
- Sun, sea, sand, and (not) snogging
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.
Contributions from this pod came from: