Welcome to Episode 54 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This podcast episode has a rather overly grand title, but it’s really a continuation of Episode 48, about environmentalism. I look at topics like agricultural practices, diet, the concept of slow travel, accommodation, driving, office work, and fashion. All enveloped in a nice packet of privilege identification. Be thankful I didn’t go into things like sustainability and greenwashing. Maybe that’s something for another pod. Can we save the world? I guess that’s up to us.
Topics discussed include:
- Parkrun update (including volunteering)
- Twitter Spaces update
- Palm Oil on the beach
- Vegetarianism and Veganism
- Why I don’t like flying
- ‘Eating like a local’ isn’t aspirational
- Slow Travel and why it’s both my style and not my style
- How to alienate a travel blogger community in one easy step
- Why AirBnB is a good thing
- The benefits and malefits of cars
- The joys of working on an out-of-town business park
- All about ‘Share-Taxis’
- “It’s all just about privilege, isn’t it?”
- Fashion Blogging with the Barefoot Backpacker
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know.
I also now have a Patreon! If you like what you hear, and want to access exclusive content (or just to show your appreciation), then head on over to my page and donate to me!
Contributions in this pod come from:
- Roo from Roo Loves Travel,
- Agnes from Travel on the Reg,
- Amanda from Not A Ballerina, and
- Victoria, who has her own eponymous website