Welcome to Episode 9 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This episode is dedicated to the concept of Solo Travel. As some of you may know, I’ve recently been backpacking around Philippines for two weeks with my friend Laura; this combination of both travelling with someone else and visiting a place I never intended to, made this quite an interesting couple of weeks’ travel. Solo Travel accounts for at least 90% of my travelling plans, so it’s very much a part of who I am. Fortunately, she’s the same; you may be pleased to know we didn’t kill each other.
In the pod, I talk about:
* My very recent illness (though not to the detail I could; I don’t mention, for instance, my cancelled travel plans)
* My Third Podcast, and how it felt weird to be ‘breaking’ it
* Our time in Philippines, including the friendliness of the people, the beaches, and the food
* The way I book my travels
* Backpacker Hostels as a solo traveller
* My experiences of solo travel pricing
* How the locals view solo travellers
* Solo travel safety
* My preference for being solo
* My limited experiences of group travel
* Travelling with friends
My “lesser-known destination of the week” segment returns after a long break – this week the highlighted place is the town of Sylhet, in Bangladesh.
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this podcast came from:
* Laura (my travel companion) at ‘Tumbleweed Chronicles’
* Deb from ‘Tag Along Travel’
* Roobens from ‘Been Around The Globe’
* Becky, at ‘Becky the Traveller’
* and another contribution from my Swedish friend Inga, who to my knowledge still doesn’t have a website!