Welcome to the second recording of my Twitter Spaces.
As you probably know if you listen to my main podcast episodes, my friend V decided after the first one that this was a really good use of social media that should work pretty well for my online style, so we’ve been doing them fortnightly since then.
We followed the same format, and indeed that’s the format we’ve been using since, of creating questions and then getting me to answer them, in a kind of Q&A or casual-interview-type environment. We’re always open to questions from you too though, so if you have anything you want me to answer, then drop us a line at the usual places. Or come onto a session and request the mic.
This particular session is on Travel Planning When You’re Really Not A Planner, and given that I once did a Twitter poll overnight to tell me which direction and country I should visit the next day, only to wake up and find it was exactly 50-50, I’m possibly either the worst, or the best, person to talk about Travel Planning.
But I tried. Kind of.
Again, be aware this conversation took place over the phone, so the audio quality won’t be as great as my normal podcast episodes. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy it!
Topics discussed include:
- How far in advance do I book a trip
- Research into public transport
- What happens if plans don’t work out
- How do I plan where to go in the first place
- Making plans and communicating in foreign languages
- Clothing and cultural concerns
- How far in advance do I plan my packing
- Planning admin – vaccinations, visas, etc
- Missing out on places because I didn’t plan in advance
- Tips for first-time backpackers
- People will generally never let you suffer
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. In addition, a PDF transcript of this episode is available by clicking here.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know.
I also now have a Patreon! If you like what you hear, and want to access exclusive content (or just to show your appreciation), then head on over to my page and donate to me!