Welcome to Episode 071 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
This episode is about my trip to Lake Como and Milan in Italy in Spring 2023, and looking at how it felt to travel to a place that had never been really on my radar much. Although it had been on Laura’s radar, which is why we went. I talk about the scenery, the food, the weather, and that despite its reputation, we didn’t see anyone famous in Bellagio.
It’s another Twitter Space recording, in conversation with my friend & VA Victoria.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- Let’s start in Redbridge
- Why did we go to Italy? [Spoiler – Laura’s idea]
- The benefits of rebooking a cancelled return flight
- Illness caused by Stansted Airport
- My expectations of Lake Como
- Where we stayed in Lake Como and Milan
- Getting around Lake Como (bus, train, and mainly ferry)
- How it felt to eat Italian food in Italy
- … and random West African food
- The weather – including some great thunderstorms
- Travels with my still-injured leg
- Why did you visit Bergamo?
- And why did you visit Milan?
- Why I wore a skirt in Milan Cathedral
- Would I go to Lake Como again?
- Could you visit as a disabled traveller?
- Youtube Shorts videos are scheduled in the next few days
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice. Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do. A PDF transcript of this episode is not yet available, because it requires me transcribing it and I don’t have the spoons for that yet. I’ll update when I do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. I now have a newsletter you can subscribe to, containing extra content, and it’s where I’ll be mentioning future podcast episodes if you want to make your own contribution.