Welcome to Episode 15 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast.
In this episode I talk about the way I try to travel with only hand luggage. It’s the first of yet another two-parter, however the next episode will be very different to the sort of episodes I produce, as it will be more of an interview/conversational format. This episode is more standard, and I discuss what I travel with and the compromises I make. As usual, I include a few contributions from my tweeps; here they talk either about their experiences of travelling with hand luggage, or explain why they don’t. I start the episode, however, with a bit of news about my living situation.
So, in the pod, I talk about:
- Storm Ciara
- Resignation about my bank balance
- Valentine’s Day and Quirkyalone Day
- My (written) interview with ‘Stories From A Backpack’
- Thinking about Patreon
- Failing to do Parkrun because of the weather
- Moving to Sheffield
- What I mean by ‘Travelling Light’
- Why it’s efficient to only travel with hand luggage through airports
- The ease of physically carrying only a small backpack
- Moto-Taxis around the world
- Compromises with hand-luggage, and frequency of washing clothes
- Travelling in colder weather
- Liquids, and why I hate powdered toothpaste
- Things I don’t pack
- The two backpacks I take – the larger one and the smaller one
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this podcast came from: