Welcome to Episode 1 of my “Travel Tales From Beyond The Brochure” podcast. I aim to produce a weekly pod on topics relating to travel; not just about places, but also the reasons behind travel – why we travel, what we like about travel, and what issues we have with travel in general and our travels in particular.
For my first podcast though, I thought it would be useful to introduce myself and explain a bit about my background, including why I call myself “The Barefoot Backpacker” – spoiler: while metaphorical, I do like travelling barefoot!
I talk about:
- Why I started to think about podcasting, and who my inspirations were
- Who I am, and what my background is
- My travel history
- What my travel styles and preferences are
- Why I like being/travelling barefoot
- Benefits and malefits of travelling barefoot, and people’s reactions to it
- Barefoot Sandals
- … but I’m not *always* barefoot!
Every week I’ll also have a feature on a “Lesser Known Destination”, a place less-visited or possibly not even considered as a destination. It could be a village with an interesting claim to fame, a town often passed by, or an entire country that isn’t on people’s radars but should be.
This week’s “lesser-known destination of the week” is the city of Vilnius, in Lithuania.
You can listen via the feed above, or via Spotify, or on your podcast app of choice 🙂 Let me know if it isn’t, by the way, and I’ll see what I can do.
As always, if you have anything to say about the topic, or indeed about my podcasting in general, leave a comment or let me know. There is a Facebook group for my podcast that you’re free to join: Click here!
Contributions in this podcast came from:
- Nat at “Natpacker”,
- Deb at “TagAlongTravel”,
- Roobens at “Been Around The Globe”,
- and my friend Jeja in Belgrade who generally isn’t found online.